Filet Mignon with Rich Balsamic Glaze
August 16, 2016
- 2 4 ounce filet mignon steaks
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch of salt to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- Sprinkle freshly ground pepper over both sides of each steak, and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place steaks in hot pan, and cook for 1 minute on each side, or until browned. Reduce heat to medium-low, and add balsamic vinegar and red wine. Cover, and cook for 4 minutes on each side, basting with sauce when you turn the meat over.
- Remove steaks to two warmed plates, spoon one tablespoon of glaze over each, and serve immediately.
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.